Ryzen 5 3600 is probably one of the most affordable gaming CPU available in the market right now. It offers awe-striking performance while you are playing high-graphics games and helps you to perform productivity tasks efficiently as well.
However, if you wish to get the best out of the CPU, then you’ll have to pair it up with the best motherboard for Ryzen 5 3600. But, it does not mean that you will have to opt for something expensive. A device with a reasonable price tag can be ideal for your purpose as well.
Hence, here, we are going to talk about some of the best motherboards to help you to build a budget gaming PC. Besides, we will offer our opinion on the choices as well. So, make sure to check them all out!
Best Editor Pick
Below, we will be talking about six products, which excel in different purposes. However, before moving onto it, we would like to talk about our favorite pick, the ASRock B450. The model is extremely affordable, offers a decent clock speed, and is spot-on for gaming purposes!
That’s not all. Its cooling system is also quite top-notch and, therefore, can help you to play games for hours. All-in-all, it is a beast, which is going to fulfill all of your gaming-related wishes without asking you to make any compromises at all.
Best Motherboard for Ryzen 5 3600
ASRock B450 Steel Legend
- CPU: Socket AM4, Digi Power design, 6 Power Phase design, Supports 105W Water Cooling (Pinnacle Ridge); Supports 95W Water Cooling (Summit Ridge); Supports 65W Water Cooling (Raven Ridge)
- Chipset: AMD Promontory B450. OS - Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit
- Slots: 6x PCI-Express 3.0 x16 Slots (one run at x8, three runs at x4, one run at x2), 4x PCI Express 2.0 x1 Slots
- Supports DDR4 3533+ (OC)
- 6 SATA3, 1 Ultra M.2 (PCIe Gen3 x4), 1 M.2 (PCIe Gen3 x2 & SATA3)
If you are considering buying a perfect bang-for-bucks model, then we would suggest you go for ASRock B450. Considered by many as the best b450 motherboard in the market, the model can produce a memory speed of 4.5GHz.
Besides, it also supports a 105W water-cooling system, which can take care of the heating issues of Ryzen 5. Moreover, the overall sound performance of the model seems to be pretty efficient, as well.
One of the best things about the device is its Crossfire support compatibility. Furthermore, its ability to hold more than one GPU makes it even more viable in the scenario of gaming. The only issue with the product is that it does not feature an in-built Wi-Fi adapter.
MSI Performance Gaming Plus AMD Ryzen
- Support AMD Ryzen 1st and 2nd Generation / Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics Processors for Socket AM4
- Supports 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 Memory 1866/ 2133/ 2400/ 2667 MHz by JEDEC, and 2667/ 2800/ 2933/ 3000/ 3066/ 3200/ 3466 MHz by A-XMP OC MODE
- VR Ready: Automatically optimizes your system for VR usage, pushing for maximum performance
- In-Game Weapons: Game Boost, GAMING Hotkey, X-Boost
- GAMING CERTIFIED: 24-hour on- and offline game and motherboard testing by eSports players
Do you wish to buy a high-performance Micro ATX board for upgrading your CPU? Then, the MSI B450 Gaming Plus can be an ideal choice for you. For starters, at maximum, it can attain an overall memory speed of 3,466MHz, which should be perfect for heavy gaming.
Besides, it also supports different types of GPUs for more convenience. However, unlike the previous model on our list of the best motherboard for Ryzen 5 3600, this one can hold only a single graphics in its core.
There several in-game technologies, such as Game Boost, X-boost, GAMING Hotkey, available in the product as well. Additionally, it also supports dual-channel DDR4 Memory (up to 32GB). So, in essence, the MSI B450 Gaming Plus should be perfect for certified gamers.
Read Also: Best Steering Wheel for PS4 & XBOX
Asus AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi)
- AMD AM4 socket: Ready for 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen processors to maximize connectivity and speed with up to two M.2 Drives, USB 3.2 Gen2 and AMD StoreMI
- Enhanced power solution: Military-grade TUF components, Pro Cool socket and Digi plus VRM for maximum durability
- Comprehensive Cooling: Active PCH heatsink, VRM heatsink, M.2 heatsink, hybrid fan headers and Fan Xpert
- Next-Gen connectivity: Dual PCIe 4.0 m.2 and USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A/Type-C
- Gaming Networking: Exclusive Realtek L8200A Gigabit Ethernet, Intel 2x2 802.11ac Wi-Fi with MU-MIMO support, Bluetooth 5.0, TUF LANGuard and technology
- Please ensure your BIOS is up to date if installing a compatible Ryzen 5000 series CPU. Visit ASUS site search by motherboard model name, click on “Support” tab, Drivers and Tools, then BIOS and Firmware to download the latest BIOS
When talking about the best flagship motherboard for Ryzen 5 3600x, the first name that comes to mind is Asus AM4 X570. To begin with, the product comes with four DIMM slots, which are bound to make things easier for you.
Secondly, there is also an ALC S1200A audio codec available in the product, which produces decent sound while gaming or watching movies. There is an integrated lighting system available in the product as well.
Owing to the powerful cooling feature, the power and thermal management of the motherboards seem to be pretty stable too. Additionally, due to its affordable pricing, it should be an ideal option for the entry-level PC builders!
Last yet not least, the device features an in-built Wi-Fi system as well.
GIGABYTE B450 AORUS PRO Wi-Fi
- Supports AMD 1st & 2nd generation Ryzen/ Ryzen with Radeon Vega graphics processors.Integrated Graphics Processor: 1 x DVI-D port, supporting a maximum resolution of [email protected] Hz. 1 x HDMI port, supporting a maximum resolution of [email protected] Hz
- Dual channel non-ECC unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- Intel Ethernet LAN plus Dual band 802.11AC Wi-Fi
- Dual PCIe Gen3 M.2 NVMe with dual thermal guards
- Alc1220 vb enhanced audio with WIMA capacitors. Support for 11AC 160MHz wireless standard and up to 1.73 Gaps data rate. Intel WI-FI driver only support for Win10 64bit
- RGB Fusion with digital LED & RGB LED headers
- Smart fan 5 with fan stop
- USB 3.1 Gen 2 with USB type C & type A
- Integrated I/O shield of ultra-durable design
- CEC 2019 ready
In terms of affordability, the AORUS series of Gigabyte has always been quite top-notch, to say the least. However, boosts its popularity, even more, the organization has recently added a brand new model in the series. Here is what you need to know about it.
Broadly admired as the best motherboard for Ryzen 5 3600 in the market, the Gigabyte AORUS Pro comes with an excellent B450 chipset. With it, you can play games or execute graphics-related works without any lags at all.
The product can attain a maximum memory speed of 3600MHz, which is quite noteworthy as well. Nevertheless, it generally does not provide over-clocking benefits at all. Anyways, there is a Wi-Fi system available in the model, which can help you to
MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK Gaming
- Support for 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen processors and future AMD Ryzen processors with BIOS update.Audio ports (Rear): 5plus Optical S/PDIF (Realtek ALC1200 / ALC1220P Codec)
- Supports dual channel DDR4 memory up to 128 GB (4866 MHz)
- On-board dual LAN: 2.5G LAN plus Gigabit LAN
- Mystic Light: RGB LED lighting and extendable pin headers – 16.8 million colors / 29 effects
- Audio Boost rewards your ears with studio grade sound quality for immersive gaming experiences
- Premium Thermal Solution: Aluminum Cover with additional choke thermal pad rated for 7W/mk and PCB with 2 ounce thickened copper
- Lightning Fast Game Experience: PCIe 4.0, Lightning Gen 4 M.2 with M.2 Shield Frozr, AMD Turbo USB 3.2 GEN 2
Unlike other offerings of the brand, the TOMAHAWK range of MSI is one of the most reasonably-priced boards in its lineup. However, here, we are going to talk about the recently-released module, B550, of the brand. So, let’s get started with it.
As one of the best b550 motherboard models in the market, the MSI MAG B550 has the capability of supporting DDR4-memory (around 4,866MHz). With its PCIe 4.0 connection, it offers a lightning-fast gaming experience as well.
The sound quality of the model, too, seems to be pretty authentic and loud. Its high-end thermal solution takes care of all the temperature-related issues efficiently.
There is an onboard Gigabit LAN (2.5G) available in it as well. It ensures a lag-free online gaming experience.
ASUS TUF B450-PLUS Gaming
- 2nd generation AMD Ryzen AM4 processors maximize connectivity and speed with NVMe M.2, USB 3.1 Gen2 and gigabit LAN
- Military-grade TUF components like TUF LANGuard, TUF Chokes, TUF Capacitors, and TUF MOSFETs maximize durability
- TUF Protection with Safe Slot and Overvoltage protection ensures component stability and dependability
- Unmatched personalization with ASUS exclusive Aura Sync RGB lighting and additional RGB header
- 3-Year Warranty for guaranteed reliability built on military-grade engineering
Like any other motherboard for Ryzen 5 2600 mentioned on the list, this one, too, comes with an AMD AM4 socket. But what sets it apart from others is that you can equip it with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, GEN Ryzen CPUs, without any consequences.
Besides, it also comes with various components, such as TUP capacitors, LAN guard, TUF chokes, etc. for maximizing its overall durability. It also offers a professional look to your whole gaming setup through its exquisite RGB lighting.
The availability of the TUF protection system in the model means that you will not have to worry about overvoltage issues as well. Besides, it will also ensure the performance stability of the CPU and prevent it from going overboard in terms of temperature.
1. Is over-clocking possible in the Ryzen 5 3600?
In essence, Ryzen 5 3600 does not really offer excessive over-clocking potential. However, if you do integrate it with a compatible motherboard, then it can definitely do wonders for you, especially regarding gaming.
2. What is the best motherboard system available in Ryzen 5 3000 Series?
Well, there are several systems available in this aspect that can be ideal for you. However, if you are thinking about opting for a low-price model, then choosing a B450 chipset should be perfect for you. They are pretty efficient for the purposes of graphic designing and gaming.
Conversely, if you consider using something more powerful, then the X470 models would be ideal in your case. Nonetheless, for the future prospects and upgrades, going for the X570 or B550 chipsets should be an excellent idea for you.
3.Does Ryzen 3600 support all the B450 chipsets?
Yes, in essence, the Ryzen 3600 CPU does support almost each and every B450 chipsets available in the market.
However, before choosing one among the extensive pile of options, we would ask you to check if it is BIOS-integrated or not.
It is not really a big deal at all. But, after purchasing and installing, you will have to update the BIOS all over again.
4. Which is the best motherboard brand in the market?
There are several brands available in the market which offer excellent choices for your purposes. However, if we had to choose one among them, then we would always go for Asus. The organization has a decent history in this aspect and, thus, can provide you well-equipped models to serve your purpose.
So, were you able to choose the best motherboard for Ryzen 5 3600 from our provided options? Well, if you could not make any choice, then we would suggest you go for ASRock B450, as we had mentioned before. However, if you wish to choose something else than that, then Asus TUF Gaming X570 can be a decent choice for you as well. Happy gaming!
[su_note note_color=”#d7d7d7″ text_color=”#000000″ radius=”7″]As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. [/su_note]